The FLIR i3 is an entry level professional grade thermal imaging camera that has some great features however the lower resolution and lack of zoom function can be a draw back for some users; for those who need precise and very detailed images for report purposes this camera will likely fall short. For quick checks or inspections however this camera may be adequate. This unit would be more than enough (and probably too much) for a home owner or DYI’er but could be a great fit for electricians, HVAC techs and automotive mechanics who need a good quality general purpose thermal imaging camera. The temperature range is good going from -4 to 482F. This camera also has automatic focusing and a 2.8-inch display. A 2GB microSD card is also included.
This is a fully automatic camera and will take you very little time to master all functionality on it. It instantly takes thermal images that can be stored in JPEG format internally on SD card or sent over to external device via USB interface. Flir i3 is drop-proof up to 2 meters, and splash proof.
Flir i3 price is very attractive and for someone who doesn't need a high resolution thermal sensor and wants simple operation - this is a very fine choice.
- Very reasonably priced thermal camera
- Automatic Focus
- Temperature range of -4 to 482F
- 8 reviews on Amazon
- 4.5-star rating on Amazon
- 50% of buyers rate this 4 stars (10% rate this 5 stars)
- FLIR TOOL’s included for report generating
- 2.8-inch display
- Thermal sensitivity - .15C
- 60 x 60 resolution
- Prime Eligible
- Reasonably priced for what you are getting
- Included software for report generation
- Overall positive reviews from buyers
- Great general purpose thermal imaging camera
- Resolutions is low – not good for detailed reports
- Small display screen
- You may need to upgrade sooner if you are using this daily for detailed inspections